Themes Intelligent Rail Summit 2017 are Automatic Train Operation and Cyber Security: call for papers now open
In the fourth quarter of 2017, the Intelligent Rail Summit 2017 will take place as part of the RailTech Expert Series. Last November, the Intelligent Rail Summit 2016 in Napels (Italy) was very successful. The call for papers for the edition of 2017 as been opened now.
- Cyber Security
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO)
Are you an expert on one of these topics? Then submit your paper before the 1st of June 2017.
Papers should contain:
- A maximum of 250 words
- Issues / problems
- Possible dangers for the railway sector
- Relevance for the railway sector
- Technical systems / components
- Examples in the field / case studies
- Legal framework
Possible topics for Cyber Security:
- Passenger experience systems
- Freight (customer experience, track and trace, optimising logistic processes)
- Infrastructure (for example monitoring of points and crossing)
- Rail communication systems (satellite positioning, GSM-R)
- Cyber security and new rail systems such as ATO and ERTMS
- Railway traffic management
- Experiences of cyber security outside the railway industry that can be applied in the railway sector
Automatic Train Operations
Possible topics for ATO:
- Successful implementation on metro lines
- Case studies / simulations for mainline railways
- Prototypes in railways on regional lines
- Energy efficient driving
- Cyber Security and ATO
To apply as a speaker for this conference, we kindly ask you to fill in this form. We allow an abstract description with a maximum of 250 words, so please describe the content of the topic of your presentation as clear as possible. The knowledge you would like to share should be applicable for the international railway industry in its broadest sense.
Location and date
The location and date will be announced soon. The conference will take place in the fourth quarter of this year.
The papers will be reviewed by a programme committee of railway experts, such as:
- Dr. Rob Goverde (Delft University of Technology)
- Dr. Andreas Schöbel (Vienna University of Technology)
- Dr. Matthias Landgraf (Graz University of Technology)
- Marieke van Gompel, MA (Europoint / RailTech)
Please submit your paper not later than the 1st of June 2017 via the application form.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We are looking forward to your innovative abstract.