Themes are ‘Cyber Security’ and ‘Automatic Train Operation’
Marieke van Gompel
The Intelligent Rail Summit 2017 will take place on 28, 29 and 30 November at the Infocenter of Wiener Linien in Vienna (Austria). This high-level conference about automatic train operation and cyber security in the railway industry is composed in cooperation with the Technical University of Delft and the Technical University of Graz. This event follows the successful Intelligent Rail Summit last year in Italy. The 2017 edition focusses on innovative technologies that will prepare the railway industry for the future.
In a rapidly changing world the railway industry has to prepare itself for future technologies. Self-driving trains and cyber attacks on railway companies are no longer scenarios that will happen in de far away future. To successfully integrate new technologies in rail, the industry should also learn from experiences from other industries.
During this high-level conference, expert speakers will inform you about the latest developments on the following themes:
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO) (28 November 2017)
- Cyber security in the railway industry (29 November 2017)
- Technical Visits (30 November 2017)
In addition to the conference programme, we offer delegates technical visits to the UTO Metro Project of the Wiener Linien. Moreover on the first conference day an optional networking dinner will take place.
Our programme managers ensure the review and preparation of a high-quality program with a variety of international speakers.
- Dr. Rob Goverde, Delft University of Technology
- Dr. Andreas Schöbel, Vienna University of Technology
- Dr. Matthias Landgraf, Graz University of Technology
- Simon Fletcher, Coordinator European Region at UIC
- Marieke van Gompel, MA, Europoint & RailTech