Webinar: improving efficiency in rail infrastructure projects with modern technology
The development and operation of rail infrastructure is a complex process with high economic stakes. Multiple stakeholders need to effectively collaborate with the infrastructure manager to plan, build, predict and operate strategic infrastructure assets. Modern technology can of course support these challenges but so far, adoption has been slow, says technology vendor Oracle.
Rail transportation is a cornerstone of sustainable, innovative and safe transportation. It is a focus area of the European Green Deal that will drive significant capital investments in the rail sector in the short, medium and long term. Rail infrastructure projects are also what the governments are banking on to spearhead recovery from the current Covid crisis.
Technology vendor Oracle Construction and Engineering is convinced that construction technology innovations, including digital twins and evolving approaches to Building Information Management (BIM) methodology will bring much needed improved efficiency in rail infrastructure projects.
To dive deeper into this subject, Oracle will host a webinar on May 19 in which RailTech editors Esther Geerts and Paul van den Bogaard speak with the railway sector and also with Werner Maritz, director of industry strategy and Karthik Venkatasubramanian – VP, Data Science & Analytics, from Oracle Construction and Engineering.
The topics that will be discussed are:
- The benefits of a standard project-wide system for construction management;
- How to improve the team collaboration thanks to the use of a common data environment;
- How to leverage your project data and use predictive analytics to make smarter decisions, reduce risks and also finish on time and budget;
- How to implement digital innovation into your processes for predictably successful projects;
- How a digital twin can benefit owners for the entire life of an asset.
Registration is free to the readers of RailTech.com via this link.