SNCF to embark on recruitment campaign for Transilien division
SNCF Voyageurs will be recruiting 600 people this year for Transilien, its division for rail services in the Île-de-France region and Paris.
As part of the recruitment campaign, SNCF Voyageurs hopes to hire 200 train and tram drivers. Additionally, 150 technicians will be hired for the maintenance of Transilien rolling stock, which ranges from RER commuter trains to metro units and tram cars. The company also has 40 train preparation jobs available.
Another 150 people will be hired for various roles at Transilien stations, such as ticketing sales, inspection and crowd management. Lastly, there are 60 IT positions available.
Around 3,4 million people make use of Transilien services on a daily basis. The company runs some 6,200 railway vehicles across its network, which is the second-busiest mass transit network after Tokyo.
- SNCF’s spring holiday tickets sales at pre-corona levels
- SNCF sets up consortium to fast-track 3D printing
- SNCF launches OUIGO Classic trains on historical tracks
- SNCF Réseau modernises signalling Paris-Lyon
- SNCF to install solar panels on 1.1 million m2 of station areas by 2030
- SNCF Réseau to install five more installations in effort to reduce wildlife collisions