Deutsche Bahn hires 25,000 new employees
German national railway company Deutsche Bahn (DB) intends to hire 25,000 new employees in 2020. It is a record level for DB’s recruitment campaigns. This figure includes 4,700 young professionals. Train drivers, maintenance workers, IT experts and engineers are in high demand.
Within its corporate strategy ‘Starke Schiene’ (Strong Rail), Deutsche Bahn will recruit around 100,000 new employees in the following years. “Deutsche Bahn has committed itself to a powerful growth programme, significantly more infrastructure and more trains – and, of course, that includes significantly more colleagues who are involved in expanding the infrastructure, for example, or just drive the new trains,” DB Director for Human Resources Martin Seiler said.
List of required professionals
According to DB, there are 500 different job profiles in the group and 50 apprenticeships. The recruitment campaign for this year includes the following occupations:
- train driver (around 2,300 employees),
- track maintenance personnel (around 3,300 employees),
- dispatchers (around 2,000 employees),
- supervisors for construction projects (around 1,700 employees),
- bus driver (around 1,600 employees),
- rolling stock maintenance personnel (around 1,500 employees),
- IT specialist (around 1,100 employees),
- service worker on the trains (around 1,100 employees),
- engineer (around 1,000 employees),
- service staff at the stations (around 800).
The full list of the required staff is available on the company’s website. It is worth to add that in 2019 DB recruited more than 24,000 new staff including 4,200 trainees.
Are you interested to know more about the German rail sector? To this end, ProMedia will carry out RailTech Infra Forum 2020. The event will take place in Frankfurt on 16-18 June. Find more information about the conference on the event website.