Renfe further expands services around Easter
Renfe will be offering close to 2 million seats between April 8 and April 18, the period leading up to the Easter weekend. As part of the capacity increase, almost 80,000 extra tickets will be made available on the Ave high-speed trains and long-distance train.
Renfe expects the busiest days of the coming period to be Friday, April 8, and Monday, April 18. On those days some 388,000 additional seats will be available. The operator expects a lot of people to visit the southern Andalusia region, and so Renfe will deploy additional Ave trains from the capitol Madrid to Sevilla, Malaga and Cádiz. There will be extra seats available for the Madrid-Valencia connections as well. On Wednesday, April 13, Renfe will deploy additional trains to make sure people can observe Maundy Thursday, or Holy Thursday as it is called in other parts of the world.
In total, the Ave trains and long-distance trains will gain an additional 979,405 seats, while the Avant services and medium-distance trains will see 836,685 extra seats. Last week, the company already announced additional services between Madrid and Barcelona.
Special Ramadan time table in Saudi Arabia
Also last week, the Mecca Medina High-Speed Spanish Consortium that Renfe is a part of initiated its Ramadan service on the Haramain High Speed Railway, which connects the holy cities Mecca and Medina. The operator will offer some 50 journey per day until May 4. The trains also call at Jeddah Central, King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) and the King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC).
- DB and Renfe expand services ahead of Easter
- Trailblazing group of Saudi women begin train driver training
- Renfe and Iberia expand Train & Fly programme
- Renfe increases Ave trains between Madrid and Valencia
- 28,000 candidates for first 30 female train driver positions in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia’s railway plans as impressive as construction is challenging
- Saudi Arabia unveils plan for new 8,000-kilometre rail network
Add your comment
Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.